Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Quick Hello!

Hey everyone! Gruezi! Guten tag! Hola! Hallo! Bonjour! Bonjourno!
Just wanted to say hello from Lisbon, Portugal. I'm on the last leg of my Easter break travel before I go back to Leeds. It's raining like El NiƱo here, but it's still nice to be in a place where I don't need my coat. I do need an umbrella though. :P I should go buy one soon.

Anyways, it's been crazy living out of a suitcase for 4 weeks. I feel like George Clooney in Up in the Air (a fantastic film, by the way-- so is Shutter Island, but that's another story). I've been flying 1-3 times a week and have been documenting my meals closely for my food blog (see sidebar for link). For a preview, I've seen the Roman Coliseum, been to a Viennese Opera, stayed in jail for a few nights (don't worry, it's not what you think), strolled past the Red Light District in Amsterdam, slept in an airport, ate street food (not roadkill-- distinct difference), biked lakeside along Luzern, etc... Lots of prayers have been answered as well, big and small. There's much more for me to tell you, but that will have to wait till after! I may abandon some coursework in Leeds to blog completely, but I can't abandon my essays completely, so no promises on my conciseness. Hope every one of you have had amazing spring breaks and what not! Lisboa waits for no one!

See you on the other side,
rXw

P.S. Stoked to eat some pastels. ;)

1 comment:

  1. OMG LUZERN!!!!!!!!!!
    That was my favorite spot on our band Europe trip. :):):)!!!!

    ReplyDelete