Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stranded

Blogging Location: A hostel in Lisbon, Portugal, using the free computers and internet. God bless them.

Stuck!
If you read the papers or watch the news, you'll know that there's been a massive air disruption in Europe caused by the Icelandic volcano Effyjavybooboo: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/18/iceland.volcano.europe.flights/index.html?hpt=T1
So my flight to Liverpool was canceled today and I rescheduled for a week from today, but there's a problem: class starts tomorrow. SO my friend and I are launching our own escapade to get back to Leeds within about a week (at least that's our goal). We'll be taking mostly buses as they are far less pricey than trains and staying in hostels along the way. The plan at the moment is to get to Paris and take the chunnel back to jolly old England and finally the train to Leeds. The first step is a bus to Seville... from then on, there's nothing planned. This is probably the least planned I've ever had my life, so as exciting as this sounds, it's pretty scary for someone as semi-type-A as me. Nonetheless, I have faith in Jesus to get us back safely and on His watch with plenty of stories to tell.
If I could ask for you guys to pray for safety and a speedy return for us, that would be amazing!

You never know what temporal days may bring
Laugh, love, live free and sing
When life is in discord
Praise ye the Lord*


Yours Truly.

*"Paperthin Hymn," Anberlin

2 comments:

  1. omg stay safe!!!!!!! good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You've been stranded for over 2 weeks! Whatever could have happened to her? :P

    ReplyDelete